Strewth – talk about an Angel (But Janet’s no wall flower)

Crikey I have spent a lot of time talking about what I’m doing and that audacious plan I have to climb big mountains. Often I am asked, what about Janet, what is she doing while you’re gallivanting around Out and About.

And let me put this out there right upfront, didn’t TomO and I luck out with such a great mum, and wonderful partner!

Literally, she was the girl next door and that is how we came to meet, and boy, what an angel.

Strewth, you’d have to be to put up with the antics of two boys in one household who spend most of their waking hours egging each on!

Janet and one of her “boys”

Anyway, she isn’t the sort of person that will race across New Zealand in some adventure race, or for that matter, done a backpack and walk some ridiculous distance in 24 hours, just because you can. But she’ll be there to support you…

But she does like the finer things in life and has a wonderful family and circle of friends that she spends time with in between looking after her boys.

Sisters – Janet & Leah
Great Friends

And talk about looking after us, crikey, she has to be the best cook around, even Out and About in the bush.

But let me tell you, when it comes to having fun, Janet is no wall flower.  I mean, she’ll have no hesitation abseiling off a skyscraper in Sydney’s Central Business District, or hopping behind the controls of an aircraft.

Janet & Baz abseiling the AMP Building in Sydney

And speaking of aircraft, perhaps she hasn’t flown as much as myself, but strewth she’ll have no hesitation in putting on a parachute and beating you out the door of one!

Talk about if you can’t beat them, just join them, that is her mantra…

Janet – going crazy over Picton
Janet – upside down waving – she’s no wallflower

And without a doubt she is one of the most courageous people I have ever met; some of the things I do she worries about, but then she always sends me on my way with her blessing and support – that takes tremendous courage!

Yeah, talk about an angel; she’s one in a million, that’s for sure!

The special people in your life just go give them a big hug and tell them you love them…

And remember, if all else fails, just Like The Landy on Facebookremain out of control and see what develops…

28 thoughts on “Strewth – talk about an Angel (But Janet’s no wall flower)

1. Deliberately Delicious November 26, 2012 / 1:18 pm

Truly, Baz, you found the perfect woman….

• The Landy November 27, 2012 / 6:14 am

Yep, that is for sure!

2. Carol Page-Potter November 22, 2012 / 10:30 pm

Thanks for giving us the scoop on your “better half”. 🙂 How sweet is life when you get to share it with someone who “gets” you?!

• The Landy November 23, 2012 / 3:16 am

Absolutely, she’s the “ant’s pants”….

3. sweetlybalanced November 22, 2012 / 12:22 pm

Aww what a sweet gal you have there!! I love that even though my fiance won’t run a half marathon with me he will always be there on the sidelines cheering for me!

• The Landy November 22, 2012 / 12:31 pm

And how good is that…!

4. reneeboomer November 21, 2012 / 11:35 pm

Beautiful post! Nice to see what your pretty wife is up to. Brave Lady that she is! Good for her!! That is so awesome, loved the photos. My Hubby calls me his “Angel from Heaven”, so happy for you that you have an ‘Angel’ too. We are blessed for sure! Have a wonderful day and enjoy your adventures. 🙂 Renee

5. Ranger48 November 21, 2012 / 5:05 pm

Sounds like you have one heck of a fine woman! By the way, is that some kind of bread in the pot? It looks terribly mouth-watering. Any chance of a recipe?

6. trikatykid November 21, 2012 / 4:31 pm

I’m coming down under for dinner so I can hang out with all of you! I hope it was OK that I invited myself because if I get on a plane and fly that far, I better be welcomed at the door 🙂 🙂 🙂 (don’t worry – I’m too broke to follow through on that, and I have way more manners than that!)

• The Landy November 21, 2012 / 8:08 pm

Of course, you’re most welcome!

7. sarahsdoodles November 21, 2012 / 1:31 pm

Wow. From her supportive, nurturing personality to her willingness to jump out of a plane, it sounds like she’s your perfect match!!

8. desertrose7 November 21, 2012 / 9:30 am

As I suspected, you’re both bloody mad. Birds of a feather abseil together.
    😉
    Bless you both. I’m glad hubby and I are opposites, otherwise life would be VERY weird.

• The Landy November 21, 2012 / 9:39 am

Oh, don’t worry, we’re quite opposites in many ways!

9. sykose November 21, 2012 / 6:49 am

Hells bells, gotta keep your game going strong to keep up with sounds like a wonderful wife. Absolutely great that you all live on the edge and live life to its fullest. Best of luck with your high peak climb.

• The Landy November 21, 2012 / 7:30 am

Thankyou…and then there is TomO, our 12 year old son, but that’s another story altogether 🙂

10. Kimbalee November 21, 2012 / 6:37 am

Your love of each other is such a wonderful example to Thomas and all of us!!! X

• The Landy November 21, 2012 / 7:29 am

I’m kinda loveable, and Janet Planet certainly is! We’re lucky to be surrounded by very supportive friends 😉

11. barbara grandberg November 21, 2012 / 6:19 am

thanks for introducing me to janet :] you all are a great family…

• The Landy November 21, 2012 / 7:27 am

Thankyou BG – trust the running is going well…!

12. AndrewGills November 21, 2012 / 5:15 am

Partners who let you be you even when it’s not who they are are fantastic aren’t they 🙂 .

• The Landy November 21, 2012 / 7:30 am

You bet they are…

13. One Fit Mama November 21, 2012 / 4:38 am

Wonderful post and ode to what sounds like a fabulous woman. Nice to see true love exists still.

She’s a lucky girl

• The Landy November 21, 2012 / 7:31 am

Oh yes, wonder woman, that’s for sure…We’re all lucky!

14. travelingmarla November 21, 2012 / 4:34 am

Aww, I Love, Love, LOVE this post! Kurt would KILL me to do a post like this, but I’ve been wanting to for so long! One of these days I will convince him to let me post more than an occasional shot. He’s so much more interesting than me, even though he is more rooted and I am more wandering. We move to South Africa next June and while I’m plotting my adventures in shark alley, he’s wondering how he’ll survive the journey and living away from family for two years. He’ll do adventurous things, but prefers to keep it close to home.
    I’m so impressed with Janet’s skydiving and repelling!
    What a great couple you make!!

• The Landy November 21, 2012 / 7:35 am

Well swimming with sharks sounds awesome! And on Kurt, just post it and tell him later, works for me 😉

Africa sounds great and I look forward to hearing about that…

And on Janet, and skydiving, I used to do a lot back in the 1980s, and moved away from the sport. She always wanted to so we went and did some together!

She beat me out the door of the plane door, and then beat me down the side of the AMP building, and she reckons she isn’t a competitive person – yeah sure! Baz

Comments are closed.